POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightning Effect from A to B Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Lightning Effect from A to B (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: dave
Subject: Lightning Effect from A to B
Date: 18 Nov 2004 06:35:01
Message: <web.419c8890914a8b335a5e05860@news.povray.org>
I am looking for a way to simulate lightning going from point A to B. Is it
possible to do so using fractals? Or is there an easy script for making
white lightning between points?

cheers,

dave

Post a reply to this message

From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: Re: Lightning Effect from A to B
Date: 18 Nov 2004 08:08:50
Message: <Xns95A59042E7E13raf256com@203.29.75.35>
davidbritz(at)yahoo(dot)com

> I am looking for a way to simulate lightning going from point A to B.
> Is it possible to do so using fractals? Or is there an easy script for
> making white lightning between points?

I would suggest to make a spheresweep moving along a spline constructed
using macro from meany points to with turbulence movment is applyed.

Also recursion might make it easy to add several smaller lighting-branches.

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

Post a reply to this message