POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Lightning Effect from A to B : Re: Lightning Effect from A to B Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightning Effect from A to B
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 18 Nov 2004 14:15:29
Message: <419cf4d1@news.povray.org>
"dave" <davidbritz(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> I am looking for a way to simulate lightning going from point A to B. Is
> it possible to do so using fractals? Or is there an easy script for making
> white lightning between points?
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Hi Dave!

The macro that Jim refers to was created by Rune S. Johannsen

Here's the link

http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk

look for electric.zip

If you can't find it, sound off again - Rune seems not to want ppl to mail
his excellent stuff around (according to terms.txt in the electric.zip) but
I guess it should be ok to download it off his site. Look for the Povray
section and the lightning include.

Kind regards,
-
Stefan Viljoen