POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Circular Helix Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:52 EDT (-0400)
  Circular Helix (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: David Robinson
Subject: Circular Helix
Date: 27 Oct 2004 05:28:14
Message: <417f6a2e$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, last question and I'll stop bugging everybody with my n00bness :)

I'm using POV purely because of the ability to script and render a scene;
I'm writing a front end to accomplish the task.

Initially I had expected to export objects to a POV mesh but this particular
scene is particularly complex - hitting over 200MB so far, and I'm not quite
half-way through.

Can POV nativly build a helix that wraps around itself, to form a closed
loop? Imagine a helix following the path of a curve.

All I need to specify is circle diameter, helix thickness and number of
twists (as well as the usual colour/texture etc).

I expect this way to be a lot quicker, if it is supported...

Thanks again for everybody's help so far!

David

Post a reply to this message