POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does my pic render so looooong??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:56 EDT (-0400)
  Why does my pic render so looooong??? (Message 1 to 10 of 20)
From: frozen
Subject: Why does my pic render so looooong???
Date: 20 Sep 2004 09:30:00
Message: <web.414eda6f5c5e51dd102354040@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I hope someone can tell me, why my picture needs maaaaany hours rendering a
wall!? The wall is created with the mur.inc macro from Steven Pigeon. You
can find it here: http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

I use the standard textures from the example file (nothing too special I
think, some dents as I see it).

The macro creates the wall by placing brick by brick. Every brick is a
superellipsoid.

The wall takes hours, even at 512*384 pixel without anything like radiosity
or photons or focal blur on a athlon 1800+! Is it the superellipsoids which
slow the system so much down?

I guess, the time can't be reduced, but I would like to understand, WHY it
takes so long?!

Regards,

frozen

Post a reply to this message

I think it are the superellipsoids which slow down the process. You may try
to use rounded boxes instead, altough you need to edit the macro for that.

JWV

"frozen" <fro### [at] thefrozenno-ipcom> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I hope someone can tell me, why my picture needs maaaaany hours rendering
> wall!? The wall is created with the mur.inc macro from Steven Pigeon. You
> can find it here: http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html
>
> I use the standard textures from the example file (nothing too special I
> think, some dents as I see it).
>
> The macro creates the wall by placing brick by brick. Every brick is a
> superellipsoid.
>
> The wall takes hours, even at 512*384 pixel without anything like
radiosity
> or photons or focal blur on a athlon 1800+! Is it the superellipsoids
which
> slow the system so much down?
>
> I guess, the time can't be reduced, but I would like to understand, WHY it
> takes so long?!
>
> Regards,
>
> frozen

Post a reply to this message