POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does my pic render so looooong??? : Re: Why does my pic render so looooong??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:16:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does my pic render so looooong???
From: GreyBeard
Date: 20 Sep 2004 20:36:49
Message: <414f77a1@news.povray.org>

> I suppose, you used the same example scene, which uses mur.inc? With the
> same lightsource, the same sky and the changed walls?

Nothing changed from original.

> I can't understand, how this is possible? Maybe it is because I use
windows
> 2k at the moment?

Haven't tried it on my 2K machine, I ran it under 98SE.  TImes I got are
about the same on my XP Home edition machine, but that's a 2gig, should run
slightly slower.  I think times were similar under SuSe 9.1 Linux, but
haven't played with that one for a while.  (The Win2K machine is dual boot,
20 gig allotted to Win, 100 gig given to Linux.  2.6ghz Pentium 4c with 1gig
memory.  Yeah, it's fast.)

Greybeard