POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why does my pic render so looooong??? : Re: Why does my pic render so looooong??? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why does my pic render so looooong???
From: GreyBeard
Date: 20 Sep 2004 10:27:54
Message: <414ee8ea$1@news.povray.org>

> The wall takes hours, even at 512*384 pixel without anything like
radiosity
> or photons or focal blur on a athlon 1800+! Is it the superellipsoids
which
> slow the system so much down?

It's been a while since I played with that one, but I seem to remember that
the wall itself didn't take that long after I remmed out the grass and
trees.  There is a lot of detail in both of them, and the more detail, the
longer the computer has to think before it can plot.  The more detailed the
scene, the longer it's going to take.

Greybeard