POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating moss or ivy? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Creating moss or ivy? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: frozen
Subject: Creating moss or ivy?
Date: 17 Sep 2004 10:10:00
Message: <web.414aef8b6c26479b1fc26f130@news.povray.org>
Hi!

How would you create some moss on a not-too-far-away wall? Would you do it
with an imagemap? Or better with an object looking somehow like moss and
then texture it? Or would you take some small spheres or anything like this
and then use an macro to "attach" them to the wall?

How about ivy? I guess, this should be an object, but I don't know how to do
something like this.

Maybe I should replace the walls with some bushes? ;-)

Last night I rendered a small "preview" (512*384 pixel) of the whole
picture. If someone wants it, to be able to see where the moss or ivy would
be visible, please tell me.

Thanks,

frozen

Post a reply to this message

I posted the picture in povray.binaries.images with the subject "Another
first post".

Post a reply to this message

> How would you create some moss on a not-too-far-away wall? Would you do it
> with an imagemap? Or better with an object looking somehow like moss and
> then texture it? Or would you take some small spheres or anything like this
> and then use an macro to "attach" them to the wall?
>
> How about ivy? I guess, this should be an object, but I don't know how to do
> something like this.
>
> Maybe I should replace the walls with some bushes? ;-)
>
> Last night I rendered a small "preview" (512*384 pixel) of the whole
> picture. If someone wants it, to be able to see where the moss or ivy would
> be visible, please tell me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> frozen

I'm not sure if it is what you want but have you checked out the demos
in scenes\language? Notably the tracevines.pov might give you some ideas?

Post a reply to this message

> How would you create some moss on a not-too-far-away wall? Would you do it
> with an imagemap? Or better with an object looking somehow like moss and
> then texture it? Or would you take some small spheres or anything like this
> and then use an macro to "attach" them to the wall?
>
> How about ivy? I guess, this should be an object, but I don't know how to do
> something like this.
>
> Maybe I should replace the walls with some bushes? ;-)
>
> Last night I rendered a small "preview" (512*384 pixel) of the whole
> picture. If someone wants it, to be able to see where the moss or ivy would
> be visible, please tell me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> frozen

Moss is like grass scaled down and a bit more specular

Post a reply to this message