POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating moss or ivy? : Re: Creating moss or ivy? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating moss or ivy?
From: frozen
Date: 18 Sep 2004 09:55:01
Message: <web.414c3d11e1bf613a37b975670@news.povray.org>
Maurice <cel### [at] nospamhotmailcom> wrote:
>I'm not sure if it is what you want but have you checked out the demos
>in sceneslanguage? Notably the tracevines.pov might give you some ideas?

> Moss is like grass scaled down and a bit more specular

Thanks a lot! I already had the trace function in my mind. But I didn't
think about using grass scaled down! I ain't sure right now, whether I
should add some moss, because I started a 800*600 rendering with radiosity
15:45 hours ago and it reached only 37%! Using some scaled down grass on
the wall would make it even slower..

But thanks for the tip! I will have a look at the trace examples after that
rendering and might add some moss and let it render a small portion of the
picture. If it looks like I want it, I might render a complete image with
moss..

Regards,

frozen