POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Creating moss or ivy? : Re: Creating moss or ivy? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creating moss or ivy?
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 19 Sep 2004 14:51:56
Message: <414dd54c@news.povray.org>
Hi frozen ;)

I'd use a texture for the moss. If you're not doing some really close-up
shots, you can certainly achieve a pretty realistic moss with a
procedural texture (no need for an image map).

For the ivy - I've been playing around with some tree-generating
algorithms limited to a plane (your wall). Although my results are not
good enough (yet ;), I'd go and try that way.

HTH,
Florian
--
If a train station is a place where a train stops, what's a workstation?
[------------ http://www.torfbold.com - POV-Ray gallery ------------]