POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with Modeling a Truck Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Help with Modeling a Truck (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Christopher Koeber
Subject: Help with Modeling a Truck
Date: 14 Apr 2004 22:55:50
Message: <407df9b6@news.povray.org>
Dear All,
        I am trying to model a truck in Povray and I want to make it look as
realistic as possible. I posted the code that I have so far so that you can
see what I have done. The problem that I have currently is with getting the
front of the truck (and the truck in general) to look more smooth than it
is right now. Any suggestions? Anything I missed?
Sincerely,
Christopher Koeber

Posted Code:

light_source {
   <0.366667, 3.56561, 11.2632>, rgb <1, 1, 1>
}

union {
   difference {
      superellipsoid {
         <0.05, 0.05>

         pigment {
            color rgb <1, 0.0509804, 0.192157>
         }
         scale <3.1, 2, 4>
         rotate <0, 0, 0>
         translate <0, 1, 4.9>
      }

      box {
         <-3.70098, 1.00048, 4.87142>, <3.70555, 3.34414, 9.29665>

         pigment {
            color rgb <1, 0.0509804, 0.192157>
         }
         scale 1
         rotate <0, 0, 0>
         translate <0, 0, 0>
      }
   }

   superellipsoid {
      <0.05, 0.05>

      pigment {
         color rgb <1, 0.0509804, 0.192157>
      }
      scale <3.1, 1, 1.4>
      rotate x*45
      translate <0, 1.3, 5.1>
   }
}

union {
   //*PMName Truck Bed

   difference {
      //*PMName Wheel Wells

      union {
         superellipsoid {
            <1, 0.3>
            scale <1, 1, 0.7>
            rotate y*90
            translate <2.4, -0.9, -4.5>
         }

         superellipsoid {
            <1, 0.3>
            scale <1, 1, 0.7>
            rotate y*90
            translate <-2.4, -0.9, -4.5>
         }
      }

      box {
         <-4.21548, -3.63248, -5.61604>, <4.28797, -1.01572, -3.10587>
         scale 1
         rotate <0, 0, 0>
         translate <0, 0, 0>
      }

      pigment {
         color rgb <1, 0.0509804, 0.192157>
      }
   }

   difference {
      //*PMName Rear Truck Space

      superellipsoid {
         <0.05, 0.05>
         scale <3.1, 1, 4>
         rotate <0, 0, 0>
         translate z*(-2.8)

         pigment {
            color rgb <1, 0.0509804, 0.192157>
         }
         hollow false
      }

      box {
         <-2.87757, -0.850524, -8.16499>, <2.80099, 1.70674, 0.938468>
         scale 1
         rotate <0, 0, 0>
         translate <0, 0, 0>

         pigment {
            color rgb <0.490196, 0.490196, 0.490196>
         }
      }
   }
}

global_settings {
   assumed_gamma 1.5
   noise_generator 2
}

light_source {
   <0.0944256, 2.99936, 2.79611>, rgb <1, 1, 1>
}

camera {
   perspective
   location <0.330511, 4.5048, 15.6322>