POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help with Modeling a Truck : Re: Help with Modeling a Truck Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with Modeling a Truck
From: Hughes, B
Date: 15 Apr 2004 03:58:45
Message: <407e40b5$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher Koeber" <c_k### [at] myrealboxcom> wrote in message
> Dear All,

That must include me too.

> The problem that I have currently is with getting the
> front of the truck (and the truck in general) to look more smooth than it
> is right now. Any suggestions? Anything I missed?

The box being differenced from the first superellipsoid (for the truck front
end) is creating the sharp edged upper side. You could use just the
superellipsoid itself, no CSG done to it, and just round it out more by
using larger numbers, e.g. <0.15,0.15>. It would need to be scaled smaller
in the y and moved downward (-y) some too.

Maybe that's of some help, just not sure if I guessed exactly right about
what you were asking.

Bob H.