POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Poser 5 (Message 1 to 10 of 43)
From: Dan P
Subject: Poser 5
Date: 9 Jan 2004 20:35:54
Message: <3fff56fa$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone determined if they can convert/import Poser 5 models to PovRay?
If so, are there limitations? I've been doing a lot of Google searches and
have only found references to Poser X <= 4. Money is tight for the Danster
and I only want to invest in Poser 5 if I'm sure I can cleanly put my models
in PovRAY.

Thanks!

--
- Respectfully,
Dan

"When it is not in our power to follow what is true,
we ought to follow what is most probable."
                                         - Rene Descartes

Post a reply to this message

"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Has anyone determined if they can convert/import Poser 5 models to PovRay?
> If so, are there limitations? I've been doing a lot of Google searches and
> have only found references to Poser X <= 4. Money is tight for the Danster
> and I only want to invest in Poser 5 if I'm sure I can cleanly put my
models
> in PovRAY.
>
> Thanks!

Alright, I've decided I have no choice; I have to take the risk if I'm going
to make this game. So, I'll get on this and report my findings regarding
Poser 5. :-)

Post a reply to this message

"Dan P" <dan### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message news:3fff65b8
> Alright, I've decided I have no choice; I have to take the risk if I'm
going
> to make this game. So, I'll get on this and report my findings regarding
> Poser 5. :-)

To close my own thread, yes; Poser5 works with Povray by outputting a
Wavefront .obj object and converting it with PoseRay. No weirdness hath I
found. But, I'm a fairly new Poser user.

(Whew... money wasn't wasted. In fact, Poser5 seems to be well worth the
cash!!!)

Post a reply to this message