POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Poser 5 : Re: Poser 5 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poser 5
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 10 Jan 2004 15:29:36
Message: <400060b0$1@news.povray.org>
Sorry, I didn't see your post last night, or I would have replied.

I'm also new to Poser 5, having bought it just a few weeks ago.  Make sure
you download the latest service pack (SP3), though.  It makes a big
difference.  Also, I've heard that you should have at least 512MB of RAM for
it to run in a stable manner, but if you're using it fine with with less,
good for you.

PoseRay is an amazing tool.  I'm very impressed with how far FlyerX has
taken it in just the past year.  Before that, converting Poser models was an
arduous process.  It's still not the easiest thing, though.  I'm still
learning many of the in's-and-out's of using it as well.

I've sometimes thought that we should have a povray.poser group here because
of all of the Poser users we have.  Personally, I'm never quite sure where
to post on that topic.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com