POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Library plugin Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Library plugin (Message 1 to 10 of 15)
From: Patrick
Subject: Texture Library plugin
Date: 7 Aug 2003 08:38:44
Message: <3f324854$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I used Pov-Ray a few years ago when designing furniture pieces. At the
time there was a brilliant little plugin that visually showed all the
textures in Pov-ray plus a few more. Metal, Stones etc. It was very
small and worked perfectly. You could visually browse the
textures/finishes and then double click the one you wanted and it would
automatically insert the declaration. Unfortunately with non-use and new
PC's etc, I have lost it. I wonder if anyone knows what/where it is? For
someone who is trying to use Pov-ray for making 3d designs a little more
realistic but does not want to get into creating whole new textures it
was invaluable. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:38:52 +0100, Patrick <pat### [at] myrealboxcom>
wrote:
> For
> someone who is trying to use Pov-ray for making 3d designs a little more
> realistic but does not want to get into creating whole new textures it
> was invaluable. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Even plugin can only take effect from process of "creating whole new textures"
and then I don't see what is advantage of that plugin over customizable Insert
Menu with prerendered images ?

http://abx.art.pl/pov/bonus/

:-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> I used Pov-Ray a few years ago when designing furniture pieces. At the
> time there was a brilliant little plugin that visually showed all the
> textures in Pov-ray plus a few more. Metal, Stones etc. It was very
> small and worked perfectly. You could visually browse the
> textures/finishes and then double click the one you wanted and it would
> automatically insert the declaration. Unfortunately with non-use and new
> PC's etc, I have lost it. I wonder if anyone knows what/where it is? For
> someone who is trying to use Pov-ray for making 3d designs a little more
> realistic but does not want to get into creating whole new textures it
> was invaluable. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

TextureVeiw?

http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/index.html

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

that is exactly what I was after. Thanks also to ABX.
Great response!