POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture Library plugin : Re: Texture Library plugin Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture Library plugin
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 8 Aug 2003 21:16:04
Message: <MPG.199df8172330d692989855@news.povray.org>
In article <3f33cfb4$1@news.povray.org>, tim### [at] netscapenet
says...
> Two problems show up:
> 1) Past a certain point in the Insert menu, nothing is inserted in the
>     file being edited. With both add-ons installed, Shapes/quadric will
>     insert text, but Shapes/quartic will not. This breakpoint changes
>     depending on which add-ons are present, and what position they are
>     placed in the menu.
> 2) Previews show up in strange places. With the above mentioned add-ons
>     installed, I see previews under various items in the Render menu (for
>     example "Select File and Render" and "Run Demo"). They show up all of
>     the way through to "Help/About POV-Ray for Windows...".
>
> Let me know if you need any additional info.

Exactly. I have the IsoCSG one and the scene templates menus, but as far
as I know I haven't run into item 1 above. However, I do suffer from item
2. On mine I am get the following quirks:

Menu                            Image
----                            -----
Render - Edit Settings          CSG Operations - Intersection
Render - Start Render           Patterns 1 - Cylindrical
Render - File Queue             Patterns 1 - Brick
Render - Animation - No Shell.. IsoCSG include file  - iso_bcsg.inc
                                  - shape macros - IC_BSuperellipsoid
Options - Other Settings
  - Show Tips of the Day        IsoCSG include file - iso_chars.inc
                                  - IC_Text()
Options - Other Settings
  - Show Next Tip               Pattern/Texture Attributes
                                  - Wave form attribute
Options - Render Window
  - Force 8-bit display         Patterns 1 - function
Options - Render Window
  - Close                       Transformations - Rotate
Options - Render Window
  - Keep Above Main             IsoCSG include file - iso-csg.inc
                                  - shape macros - IC_Box()
Options - Message Window
  - Select Plain Background     Transformation - Translate
Options - Message Window
  - Text Font                   IsoCSG include file - iso-csg.inc
                                  - CSG macros - IC_Difference4()
Options - Message Window
  - Text Color                  IsoCSG include file - iso-csg.inc
                                  - CSG macros - IC_Merge2()
Options - Message Window
  - Choose Background - Browse  IsoCSG include file - iso-csg.inc
                                  - IC_Displace()
Help - Bug Reporting            Patterns 1 - Slope
Help - Show Tip                 Pattern/Texture Attributes
                                  - Wave form attribute
Help - About...                 Patterns 2 - Leopard

It may help to know if this is common to all cases of having those menu
extensions installed. I think this started happening right after I
installed the CSG ones, but before adding the Basic scene template one,
so the CSG by itself may somehow be doing it. It is definitely odd and I
don't trust the menu at all because of it.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else