POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a "string length" function? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:05 EDT (-0400)
  Is there a "string length" function? (Message 41 to 46 of 46)
From: Mark Wagner
Subject: Re: Is there a "string length" function?
Date: 24 Feb 2003 02:39:54
Message: <pan.2003.02.24.07.38.18.774921.278@gte.net>
On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 18:12:30 -0500, Warp quoth:

> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>>>   There are no "object functions" in POV-Ray.
>
>> trace(), min_extent(), max_extent(), inside()...I think that's it.
>
>   Those are vector functions (because they can be used where a vector is
> expected). They are not object functions because they can't be used
> where an object is expected (there are no such functions in POV-Ray).
>
>   You can call them "functions for getting information about an object",
> but don't mix up type terminology with this. That would only cause
> confusion.

The idea here is to make the manual easier to use.  If putting functions
into only one category causes problems like what Joseph Zeglinsky had,
they should be put in more than one place.  I repeat, is there any reason
why functions can't be placed in more than one category in the manual?

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message