POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is there a "string length" function? : Re: Is there a "string length" function? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is there a "string length" function?
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 24 Feb 2003 09:54:54
Message: <cjameshuff-F7FC3A.09511824022003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <pan### [at] gtenet>,
 Mark Wagner <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

> The idea here is to make the manual easier to use.  If putting functions
> into only one category causes problems like what Joseph Zeglinsky had,
> they should be put in more than one place.  I repeat, is there any reason
> why functions can't be placed in more than one category in the manual?

Length and redundancy. It would make the manual longer without adding
any actual content, and it's harder to keep things up to date when you
have the same thing documented in multiple places. Hyperlink cross
references solve most of this problem, but make the documentation more
complex and even less printable, and a reorganization would eliminate a
lot of the need for them.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/