POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shell-out to Operating System Problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Shell-out to Operating System Problem (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Shell-out to Operating System Problem
Date: 7 Jan 2003 13:10:33
Message: <3e1b17ec.326655686@news.povray.org>
I am using Pov 3.5 for windows under XP. And am trying to run an exe
file using the Pre Frame Command e.g. Pre_Frame_Command=W003.exe  or
Pre_Frame_Command=W003
I have unticked disable starting other programmes and removed all I/O
restrictions.
The behaviour  I get is, as if I did not have a Pre Frame Command in
the ini file i.e. the Pov file parses and returns an error because the
exe has not run generating a heightfield.

Excerpt from pvengine.ini

[Renderer]
AutoRender=1
NoShelloutWait=0