POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shell-out to Operating System Problem : Re: Shell-out to Operating System Problem Server Time
31 Jul 2024 04:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shell-out to Operating System Problem
From: hughes, b
Date: 7 Jan 2003 19:48:22
Message: <3e1b7556@news.povray.org>
"Stephen McAvoy" <mca### [at] aolcomcom> wrote in message
> I tried it but it did not help. Where in the documentation is it
> described? I can only find a reference at 1.10.11.3.4

Well, it varies a little depending on the OS used because the Command
Interpreter file isn't the same. Since I also have XP here I made sure it
was "cmd.exe" (I keep thinking it's .com, not .exe) being used before I
replied to your message. I didn't try a Post_Frame_Command however since I
had done it before. Only thing I can think of that might have happened is
that the path isn't being found, in which case you can either add it as
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe (wherever you find cmd.exe to be located) or set
up the Path environment variable in the System control panel (right-clicking
My Computer, Properties) found under Advanced.

Hopefully that's all there is to it.