POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wavelength to RGB converter? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Wavelength to RGB converter? (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: Kaveh
Subject: Re: Wavelength to RGB converter?
Date: 2 Mar 2003 19:38:34
Message: <1fr7z0r.fzn6hw1xohuzqN%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:49:27 +0000
> kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded all those and saw that. It is *exactly* what I need.
>
>   Nice! And don't forget to show us the results!
>
> > And congratulations for doing so much work on color. It's not an easy
> > field!
>
>   Yeah... but here all the merit goes to Ive, who done the hard work
> researching and implementing color transformations. I'm still learning
> and trying to understand it all, but I know already enough to see that
> there are plenty of potential applications for CIE.inc.
>
> > I am probably doing something silly here, but when I run your test
> > file:
>
>   Oh! No! You used the non-tested example on the readme! :)
>
> > I get an error:

[...]

I had a file directory problem, now solved.

The Wavelength() macro works and I am very happy. Now when I send a ray
through a system (in conventional optical 'forward' ray tracing), not
only are the angles calculated in povray, but the ray has the correct
color. :-)

--
Kaveh

Post a reply to this message

kav### [at] delete_thisfocalimagecom (Kaveh) wrote:

> I had a file directory problem, now solved.

  Which was exactly the problem? I'm about to install POV on a eMac with
Mac OS X, and it will be nice to be aware of it...

> The Wavelength() macro works and I am very happy. Now when I send a
> ray through a system (in conventional optical 'forward' ray tracing),
> not only are the angles calculated in povray, but the ray has the
> correct color. :-)

  I'm glad it served to you. It's also nice to discover one more use for
the CIE macros (again don't forget to post the final pic!).

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org