POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to engrave text on a ring Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  How to engrave text on a ring (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Gitay Kryger
Subject: How to engrave text on a ring
Date: 13 Sep 1999 13:31:27
Message: <37DD3533.933DB877@Weizmann.ac.il>
Great PoV gurus,

I am a green, yet eager PoV novice. Here's a bunch of questions:

1. How do I engrave text on the side of e.g. a torus object?

difference {

 torus { 2, 0.75
 texture { pigment { P_Gold2 } finish { F_MetalC } }
 }

   text { ttf "timrom.ttf" "TEXT" 1, 0
      pigment { color Red }
      finish { reflection .25 specular 1 }
      translate <-1,-0.3,2.4>
   }

 scale  < 6, 2, 4 >
 rotate  < 20, -10, 20 >
 translate  < -1.5, 0.0, -10.0 >

}

[Image]

In the picture I made it obvious that I can't do it right; I only
differenced the text
object from the ring but the text should first flow with the ring
curvature.

2. How do I get a laser beam, then curve it along a torus object then
get a
lens flare at one end of it ? I know, these are three questions...

3. Is there a place I can go and find all sorts of source files that
could
possible answer some/all my above basic questions?

Many many thanks,
Gitay

Gitay Kryger, Ph.D.                         Phone:  +972-8-934-3759
Dept. of Structural Biology                   Fax:  +972-8-934-4159
The Weizmann Institute          Cellular/VoiceMail:  +972-52-494725
Rehovot, 76100, ISRAEL         E-mail:  Git### [at] Weizmannacil

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (4 KB) Download '/tmp/nsmail37dd353320f6a19.jpeg.png' (6 KB)

Preview of image '/tmp/nsmail37dd353320f6a19.jpeg.png'
/tmp/nsmail37dd353320f6a19.jpeg.png