POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to engrave text on a ring : Re: How to engrave text on a ring Server Time
11 Aug 2024 03:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to engrave text on a ring
From: Fabien Mosen
Date: 13 Sep 1999 15:51:04
Message: <37DD5592.6334AE0F@skynet.be>
Gitay Kryger wrote:

> 1. How do I engrave text on the side of e.g. a torus object?

 If you don't need very deep-loking engraving, you might consider
using a bump-map mapped onto the torus, is faster and easier.

> 2. How do I get a laser beam,
 Many ways to do it : bright cylinder, cylindrical spotlight
with media (harder)

>then curve it along a torus object then
 Well, you'd better take the cylinder option, and use a portion
of torus for the curved part of the laser.

> get a
> lens flare at one end of it ? I know, these are three questions...
 Look for lensflare includes files by Nathan Kopp or Chris Colefax.

> 3. Is there a place I can go and find all sorts of source files that
> could
> possible answer some/all my above basic questions?
 Wait for Uncle Ken to jump and say "visit my links page"...

Fabien.