POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help Povray! The master class is required! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:32 EDT (-0400)
  Help Povray! The master class is required! (Message 12 to 21 of 21)
From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Help Povray! The master class is required!
Date: 9 Jan 2014 13:10:00
Message: <web.52cee569edf830fd7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> These tests are very important work. Thank you!
> could you share the source file from which you created the *.pov ? I couldn't
> find it in the forum because of syrillic text.
>
> I noticed your english is improving very fast! to learn that fast, I am guessing
> you are quite young am I right?
>
> I am still merging your texture changes into official version of the exporter.
> It's taking time for me not to not break any existing features but it's still in
> progress.

Hi!
I will send you the letter a little later. I will attach files
I have your e-mail :)

Post a reply to this message

From: Ive
Date: 9 Jan 2014 14:22:10
Message: <52cef6e2$1@news.povray.org>
Am 08.01.2014 16:58, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> Using Poseray, I wanted to save the mesh{} as mesh2{} (which worked
> well) but then, somehow, the objects were displaced elsewhere it seems.
> In any case, they became invisible in the scene.

as this scene is right-handed (look at the camera statement) you'll have
to select right-handed (i.e. the world axis orientation drop down list)
within PoseRay as well.

-Ive111

Post a reply to this message

From: Ive
Date: 9 Jan 2014 14:45:22
Message: <52cefc52$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/s_tonemapped_plus_35_saturation.jpg
> V-ray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render_Camera.0019_35min.jpg
> Yafaray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/rt1_0.jpg
> Indigo:
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/indigo-iso600.jpg
> MicroRender:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/MicroRender.jpg
> Other:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/01tm2.jpg
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render-test.jpg

Hm, well, actually I don't find any of these render very convincing. All
have problems in showing Suzanna as made of orange glass (the thing
sitting in the pool) and Luxrender has the same light bleeding through
the edges POV-Ray is quite well known for.
I did give it a shot with Maxwell and after about 1 hour it is already
better than everything shown here. I'm using the trial version and I'm
really tempted to buy this beast but being just a hobbyist this would be
quite insane - and no chance explaining this to my wife.
So let's see what POV-Ray - or UberPOV in this case - will do within an
estimated 10-hour-over-night render.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 9 Jan 2014 16:10:01
Message: <web.52cf1005edf830fd7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> I did give it a shot with Maxwell and after about 1 hour it is already
> better than everything shown here. I'm using the trial version and I'm
> really tempted to buy this beast but being just a hobbyist this would be
> quite insane - and no chance explaining this to my wife.
> So let's see what POV-Ray - or UberPOV in this case - will do within an
> estimated 10-hour-over-night render.
>
> -Ive

Ive
You have Maxwell, what you do here? You brag?
Your Maxwell for the aid to The Simpsons on FOX.
Me freely distributed software from the principle interests. Though I have no
wife and I have nobody to report where and why I spend the money!

Post a reply to this message

From: Ive
Date: 9 Jan 2014 17:13:28
Message: <52cf1f08@news.povray.org>
Am 09.01.2014 22:09, schrieb LanuHum:
> You have Maxwell, what you do here? You brag?
> Your Maxwell for the aid to The Simpsons on FOX.
> Me freely distributed software from the principle interests. Though I have no
> wife and I have nobody to report where and why I spend the money!

Being a user of POV-Ray does not necessarily mean to keep a blind eye on
any other render engine, not even commercial ones.
And as you did already post a link to a V-Ray image (with a price tag of
about $1000 this isn't exactly free software either) I really don't
understand what you are trying to say.

-Ive

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 10 Jan 2014 01:35:00
Message: <web.52cf9397edf830fd7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:

> Being a user of POV-Ray does not necessarily mean to keep a blind eye on
> any other render engine, not even commercial ones.
> And as you did already post a link to a V-Ray image (with a price tag of
> about $1000 this isn't exactly free software either) I really don't
> understand what you are trying to say.
>
> -Ive

On our site the image of V-ray is submitted by the developer of the blender2vray
exporter (aka bdancer) living in Russia and communicating with us
Everyone has an option(select): free  or nonfree software
But, even choosing nonfree, someone buys Maxwell, and someone Renderman
I saw fine animation movies Pixar, they don't use Maxwell, but...
but, it is necessary to be the artist

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jan 2014 03:24:06
Message: <52cfae26$1@news.povray.org>
On 9-1-2014 20:20, Ive wrote:
> Am 08.01.2014 16:58, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
>> Using Poseray, I wanted to save the mesh{} as mesh2{} (which worked
>> well) but then, somehow, the objects were displaced elsewhere it seems.
>> In any case, they became invisible in the scene.
>>
> as this scene is right-handed (look at the camera statement) you'll have
> to select right-handed (i.e. the world axis orientation drop down list)
> within PoseRay as well.

Holy blob! Of course. Thanks for the reminder.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 22 Jan 2014 20:15:01
Message: <web.52e06c9cedf830fdd19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> Hi!
> I am the member of Russian-speaking community Blender3D
> I saw very beautiful works performed in Povray
> I write the exporter from Blender to Povray, but I am not a master in Povray
> Me ask: "Why I do it? That it is better: Povray or Luxrender, or Cycles?"
> I don't know what to answer.
> On our site carried out the test: one scene - different renderers.
> Luxrender:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render-test2.jpg
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render-test.Scene.00002.jpg

http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/s_tonemapped_plus_35_saturation.jpg
> V-ray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render_Camera.0019_35min.jpg
> Yafaray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/rt1_0.jpg
> Indigo:
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/indigo-iso600.jpg
> MicroRender:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/MicroRender.jpg
> Other:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/01tm2.jpg
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render-test.jpg
>
> Who can show to participants, what Povray - very good renderer for this scene?
> If you have no time or desire, help me to adjust a scene.
> Scene in a format test.pov here:
> http://yadi.sk/d/EW-M2QoIFe2A3

You mentioned Blender hair exporter in another email post. Are you the author of
the Blender -> Povray exporter that comes with the Blender package or did you
write another Povray exporter? I am having trouble rendering hair particles in
Povray. Hair shows up fine in Blender render and Cycles, but not in the Povray
export. I'm using Blender 2.69 by the way.

Post a reply to this message

From: jhu
Date: 22 Jan 2014 21:20:00
Message: <web.52e07b9bedf830fdd19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> You mentioned Blender hair exporter in another email post. Are you the author of
> the Blender -> Povray exporter that comes with the Blender package or did you
> write another Povray exporter? I am having trouble rendering hair particles in
> Povray. Hair shows up fine in Blender render and Cycles, but not in the Povray
> export. I'm using Blender 2.69 by the way.

Never mind. I have resolved this.

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 23 Jan 2014 11:25:00
Message: <web.52e141c8edf830fd7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>or did you
> write another Povray exporter?

Yes. I write another Povray exporter. Based on the official version