POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help Povray! The master class is required! : Re: Help Povray! The master class is required! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help Povray! The master class is required!
From: Ive
Date: 9 Jan 2014 14:45:22
Message: <52cefc52$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/s_tonemapped_plus_35_saturation.jpg
> V-ray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render_Camera.0019_35min.jpg
> Yafaray:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/rt1_0.jpg
> Indigo:
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/indigo-iso600.jpg
> MicroRender:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/MicroRender.jpg
> Other:
> http://www.blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/01tm2.jpg
> http://blender3d.org.ua/forum/rendering/iwe/upload/render-test.jpg

Hm, well, actually I don't find any of these render very convincing. All
have problems in showing Suzanna as made of orange glass (the thing
sitting in the pool) and Luxrender has the same light bleeding through
the edges POV-Ray is quite well known for.
I did give it a shot with Maxwell and after about 1 hour it is already
better than everything shown here. I'm using the trial version and I'm
really tempted to buy this beast but being just a hobbyist this would be
quite insane - and no chance explaining this to my wife.
So let's see what POV-Ray - or UberPOV in this case - will do within an
estimated 10-hour-over-night render.

-Ive