POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Generating a lookup table from a scene Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Generating a lookup table from a scene (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Eric Kulcyk
Subject: Generating a lookup table from a scene
Date: 11 Nov 2012 04:25:00
Message: <web.509f6eb95052231f1ede93080@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have a scene with a ground plane and a cone hanging in mid-air, which is a
perfect mirror.  My camera is pointed up at the mirror.  I would like to
determine, for a given pixel on the ground plane, which pixel (if any) it
corresponds to in the image, forming a lookup table.  Is there any way to do
this?

Thanks,
Eric

camera {
  location <0,1.280,0>
  look_at <0,20,0>
  angle 67
 }

light_source { <100,200,-200> color 1 }

// The floor
plane { <0,1,0>,0 pigment { checker rgb <0,1,0>, rgb <1,1,1> }}

//A mirror cone
cone {
    <0, 1.340, 0>, 0    // Center and radius of one end
    <0, 1.366, 0>, .063    // Center and radius of other end
    pigment { rgb <0,0,0> } // A perfect mirror with no color
  finish { reflection 1 } // It reflects all
  }
  box{<-.52,0,-.4>,<.52,.89,.4>}

Post a reply to this message