POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : For Android Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  For Android (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Frederico Lopes
Subject: Re: For Android
Date: 11 Jun 2011 16:45:00
Message: <web.4df3d37525fab26a37b2d0640@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Frederico Lopes <fre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?
>
>   If I have understood correctly, Android development happens in Java,
> so the answer is no.

Well, this poses another question: why not a POV-Ray version in Java? We see in
the market smartphones more powerful than some computers (like Motorola Atrix
and the like), that can possibly run a stripped down version of POV-Ray. It's a
matter of time to see gadgets better than our today's computers. Why not to
think in that direction?

Fred

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 22:43:33 +0200, Frederico Lopes <fre### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Frederico Lopes <fre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> > It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?
>>
>>   If I have understood correctly, Android development happens in Java,
>> so the answer is no.
>
> Well, this poses another question: why not a POV-Ray version in Java? We
> see in
> the market smartphones more powerful than some computers (like Motorola
> Atrix
> and the like), that can possibly run a stripped down version of POV-Ray.
> It's a
> matter of time to see gadgets better than our today's computers. Why not
> think in that direction?
>
> Fred

I agree.
I predict that one of these days our Cell-phones will be our PC's and our
kids (grand-children?) will laugh at the idea of 60cm computer case...

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message