POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : For Android : Re: For Android Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Android
From: Frederico Lopes
Date: 11 Jun 2011 16:45:00
Message: <web.4df3d37525fab26a37b2d0640@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Frederico Lopes <fre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > It's in the developpers' plans porting POV-Ray to Android?
>
>   If I have understood correctly, Android development happens in Java,
> so the answer is no.

Well, this poses another question: why not a POV-Ray version in Java? We see in
the market smartphones more powerful than some computers (like Motorola Atrix
and the like), that can possibly run a stripped down version of POV-Ray. It's a
matter of time to see gadgets better than our today's computers. Why not to
think in that direction?

Fred