POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Function for air density Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:26 EDT (-0400)
  Function for air density (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: SharkD
Subject: Function for air density
Date: 31 Aug 2009 08:56:31
Message: <4a9bc87f@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to write a function to calculate air density based on the
following article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barometric_formula#Density_equations

My question is, is the "exp" function in the article the same as the
"exp" function in POV-Ray? If not, what's the best way of going about
writing these functions in SDL? My calculus is very rusty, but the
description given here seems simple enough to implement:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_function#Continued_fractions_for_ex

-Mike

Post a reply to this message