POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Farm Tower Project Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:19:59 EDT (-0400)
  Farm Tower Project (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: wildpenguin17
Subject: Farm Tower Project
Date: 22 Jul 2009 18:20:00
Message: <web.4a678fef2558df7b5d6f23280@news.povray.org>
Hello
I'm creating a farm tower for a project for a povray class. There are different
crops on each floor of the tower.
However, my tower looks weird. Is it because the crops are too big or is the
tower too small? What can I do to make it look more realistic?
Should I change the shape of my tower?
Here is my current code..
thank you!

light_source {<20,10,20> color rgb <1,1,1>}
camera {location <10,5,10> look_at <0,0,0>}
background {color rgb <1,1,1>}

include "textures.inc"
include "glass.inc"
include "glass_old.inc"
#include "colors.inc"

#declare floors=
union{
//the bottom of floor

lathe {
linear_spline
6,
<0,-.5>
<2.04,-.5>
<2.04,0>
<1.99,0>
<1.99,.001>
<1.99,-.3>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
 }

difference{
cylinder { <0,-.5,0><0,-.6,0>,1.9
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,.7,.3>}}

finish{
ambient 2.5}
}

union{
box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*90
translate <0,0,.2>}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*180
}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*270
translate <0,0,-.2>
}

}
}

//glass covering
cylinder {<0,0,0><0,1.5,0>,2
texture{pigment{Col_Glass_Green} }
rotate x*180
translate <0,1.5,0> hollow}
scale <1.5,0,1>}

floors

object {floors translate <0,2,0>}
object {floors translate <0,4,0>}

//the roof
cylinder {<0,0,0><0,.5,0>,2
texture {pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
scale <1.5,0,1>
translate <0,5.5,0>
}

difference{
cylinder { <0,-.5,0><0,-.6,0>,1.9
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,.7,.3>} }

finish{
ambient 2.5}
translate <0,6,0>
scale <1.5,0,1>}

union{
box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}translate <0,6,0>}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*90
translate <0,6,.2>}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*180
translate <0,6,0>}

box{<1,-.7,0><4,-.5,.1>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
rotate y*270
translate <0,6,-.2>
}}}

//end of roof

//the twin tower
//object {floors translate <-6.5,0,.5>}
//object {floors translate <-6.5,2,.5>}
//object {floors translate <-6.5,4,.5>}

//floor
plane {y,-.6
texture {pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}}

//sky
plane {y, 20
texture{ Shadow_Clouds}}

//silicon plate
#declare siliconplate=
union{
union{

box {<0,0,-2><5,.2,3>
 texture{pigment{White}}}

#declare slit=
box {<0,.1,0><5,.3,.1>
texture{pigment{White}}}
slit  }

object{slit translate <0,0,1>}
object {slit translate <0,0,2>}
object{slit translate <0,0,3>}
object {slit translate <0,0,-1>}
object {slit translate <0,0,-2>}
object {slit rotate y*90 translate <1,0,3>}
object {slit rotate y*90 translate <2,0,3>}
object {slit rotate y*90 translate <3,0,3>}
object {slit rotate y*90 translate <4,0,3>}

scale <.4,.4,.4>
rotate x*65
translate <-2,6.5,1>}
siliconplate

//end of silicon plate

object{siliconplate translate <2,0,0>}

//THE BEGINNING OF THE CORN LOOP
//the soil
cylinder {<0,-.4,0><0,-.3,0>,2
texture{pigment{color DarkBrown}
normal{wrinkles 5}}
scale <1.5,0,1>}
//green corn, the crop on the bottom
#declare greencorn=
lathe {
5,
<0,0>
<.05,0>
<.07,.25>
<.05,.5>
<0,1>
texture{pigment{color Violet}}scale <.5,.5,.5>}
greencorn

//yellow corn, the crop on the bottom
#declare yellowcorn=
lathe {
5,
<0,0>
<.05,0>
<.07,.25>
<.05,.5>
<0,1>
texture{pigment{color Yellow}
normal{wrinkles 5}}
translate <1,0,0>
scale <.5,.5,.5>}
yellowcorn

lathe {
linear_spline
6,
<0,-.5>
<2.0,-.5>
<2.0,0>
<1.95,0>
<1.95,.001>
<1.95,-.3>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
scale <1.5,0,1> }

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.5)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.5 , -.5 ,0>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.5)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-3.1 , -.5 ,.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.5)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.8 , -.5 ,.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.5)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-3.2 , -.5 ,.75>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.5 , -.5 ,1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4.3)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-2.5 , -.5 ,1.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.0 , -.5 ,1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.5)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-3.2 , -.5 ,-.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.4)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.7 , -.5 ,-.75>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-3, -.5 ,-1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4.4)
object {greencorn translate <ctr-2.2, -.5 ,-1.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 3.5)
object {yellowcorn translate <ctr-2.2, -.5 ,-1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.1;
#end
//THE END OF CORN LOOP

//START OF TOMATO FARM

//tomato plant, toppest floor

#declare tomatoplant=
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
#declare tomato=
torus {.1,.2
texture{pigment{color Red}}
scale <.75,.86,.75>}
tomato
}

#declare fullvine=
union{
difference{
torus{.5,.05
texture{pigment{color Green}}
rotate x*90
}

box{ <-.2,-.8,-.8><.8,.8,.5>
texture{pigment{color Green}}}
}
}

difference{
torus{.5,.05
texture{pigment{color Green}}
rotate x*90
translate <-.5,.85,0>
}

box{ <-.2,-.8,-.8><.7,.8,.5>
texture{pigment{color Green}}
translate <-1,.9,0>}
}
}
fullvine
}

#declare stem=
union{
difference{
torus{.5,.05
texture{pigment{color Green}}
rotate x*90}

sphere{ <-.2,0,0>,.7
texture{pigment{color Green}}}
}
translate <-.4,.5,0>}
stem
}

object{stem
rotate y*180
scale <.75,.75,.75>
translate <-.3,.6,0>}
}

object{tomato
scale <.75,.75,.75>
translate <-.4,.7,0>
}
}

object {stem
rotate y*90
rotate x*180
scale <.75,.75,.75>
translate <0,.5,-.1>}
}

object{stem
rotate y*180
rotate x*120
scale <.25,.25,.25>
translate <-.1,1.2,0>
}
scale <.4,.4,.4>
translate <0,1.9,0>}

tomatoplant

//end of tomato plant

//soil
cylinder{<0,1.5,0><0,1.6,0>,2
texture{pigment{color DarkBrown}
normal{wrinkles 5}}
scale <1.5,0,1>}

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-2.5 , 0 ,0>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-2.5 , 0 ,.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-2 , 0 ,1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 3)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-1.5 , 0 ,1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-2.5 , 0 ,-.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-2 , 0 ,-1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 3)
object {tomatoplant translate <ctr-1.5 , 0 ,-1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.5;
#end

//END OF TOMATO FARM

#declare bokchoy=
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
union{
//white part of bokchoy
sphere{<0,0,0>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}}

cylinder{<0,0,0> <0,.4,0>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}}
//
}

//bokchoy leaves
cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,.09>}

cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,-.09>
}

cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,-.09>
rotate y*90}
}

cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,-.09>
rotate y*-90}
}

cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,-.045>
rotate y*-45}
}

cylinder{<0,0,0><0,0,.001>,.1
texture{pigment{color rgb <0,1,0>}} scale <0,2.5,0>
translate <0,.4,-.045>
rotate y*45}
}
//

translate <0,7,0>
scale <.5,.5,.5>
}
bokchoy

lathe {
linear_spline
6,
<0,-.5>
<2.04,-.5>
<2.04,0>
<1.99,0>
<1.99,.001>
<1.99,-.3>
texture{pigment{color rgb <1,1,1>}}
 scale <1.5,0,1>
 translate <0,4,0>}

//START OF BOKCHOY FARM
#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.9)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.9 , 0 ,0>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.7)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.9 , 0 ,.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.4)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.7 , 0 ,.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.7 , 0 ,1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4.3)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.1 , 0 ,1.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 3.7)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-1.7 , 0 ,1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 2.2)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-1 , 0 ,1.75>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.7)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.7 , 0 ,-.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5.2)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.5 , 0 ,-.75>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 5)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.7 , 0 ,-1>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 4.3)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-2.1 , 0 ,-1.25>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 3.7)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-1.7 , 0 ,-1.5>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

#declare ctr=0;
#while (ctr <= 2.2)
object {bokchoy translate <ctr-1 , 0 ,-1.75>}
#declare ctr = ctr +.25;
#end

cylinder{<0,3.5,0><0,3.65,0>,2
texture{pigment{color DarkBrown} normal{wrinkles 10 scale <.25,.25,.25>}}scale
<1.5,0,1>}
//END OF BOKCHOY FARM

Post a reply to this message