POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Tiling hexagons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:13:26 EDT (-0400)
  Tiling hexagons (Message 1 to 10 of 28)
From: SharkD
Subject: Tiling hexagons
Date: 20 Nov 2008 11:40:00
Message: <web.492592872dcccb62ba26248c0@news.povray.org>
I want to create an image of hexagons that is tilable (such as a Desktop image).
However, I don't think it's possible to create a rectangular image with the
correct width/height ratio due to the odd angles. What's the best way to go
about doing this?

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

> I want to create an image of hexagons that is tilable (such as a Desktop image).
> However, I don't think it's possible to create a rectangular image with the
> correct width/height ratio due to the odd angles. What's the best way to go
> about doing this?
>
> -Mike

I forgot to describe the math behind the needed aspect ratio:

Width  = 2*cos(30)
Height = 1

I don't believe there exists a multiple of this ratio where the numerator and
denominator are both integers. Hence the problem.

-Mike

Post a reply to this message