POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:31:59 EDT (-0400)
  Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy (Message 146 to 155 of 165)
From: rafal
Subject: Re: Licensing, Ethics, Open Source and Philosophy
Date: 19 Jul 2008 10:19:53
Message: <4881f809@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> Yes, I agree that every team member needs to greet all contributors with
> flowers personally.
> Thorsten

What if given developer has an allergy to particular flower?

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 20 Jul 2008 19:17:47
Message: <4883c79b@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Unless the publisher explicitly grants permission for that type of
> distribution as a one-off.

That can't be easily done with software with lots of authors. If I
contribute code to the Linux kernel under the GPL, can Linus Torvalds give
an exception to a specific person to redistribute the kernel under
different terms, including that tiny bit of code I contributed?

Post a reply to this message