POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : combining partial images Server Time
16 Jun 2024 13:59:28 EDT (-0400)
  combining partial images (Message 11 to 20 of 38)
From: stbenge
Subject: Re: combining partial images
Date: 9 Jul 2008 01:10:02
Message: <4874482a@news.povray.org>
Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> stevenvh wrote:
>
>> No, it's clear now. But as you say, this only works with an orthographic
>> projection. That's not often the case in my projects, in this special case it's
>> even a fisheye.
>

> I think the idea was to use the orthographic only in this final rendering.
>
> Anyway I would just use the gimp, SAVE the images, and then open them in
> photoshop and paste everything together, what's difficult on this?

It can be a tedious process, manually selecting the black area from the
image in each segment. An area selection would help this process along,
though it wouldn't work too well if the image contained pure black areas
within the rendered portion.

I just thought it would be easier in the long run to have POV-Ray do all
the work, especially if rendering scenes in segments becomes a habit ;)

Sam

Post a reply to this message