POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : combining partial images : Re: combining partial images Server Time
25 Jun 2024 23:49:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: combining partial images
From: Alessio Sangalli
Date: 9 Jul 2008 04:02:07
Message: <4874707f$1@news.povray.org>
stevenvh wrote:
> Alessio Sangalli <ale### [at] manowebcom> wrote:
>
>> Anyway I would just use the gimp, SAVE the images, and then open them in
>> photoshop and paste everything together, what's difficult on this?
>>

> That, because of POV-Ray's messing with the file format, I have to use two (2)
> image editors.

Yes I know, and one of those editors suck in opening images. That is why
I suggested to open with the gimp, save the partial images as new
images, and then open with photoshop

> Should be easier, and preferably automated. Isn't that why
> POV-Ray adds the extra info to the partial images in the first place?

gimp can be automated to perform all of this for you. Anyway, have you
tried what Slime suggested? Alternatively, can you upload one of those
"broken" partial images you have problems with?

bye
as

PS how much time a full rendering takes?