POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics'
Date: 7 Dec 2007 18:56:35
Message: <4759ddb3$1@news.povray.org>
Alain escribió:
> Bold is harder to do. The characters remain about the same size, but the
> lines are thicker. A way would be to scale up horizontaly and reduce the
> spacing between the characters. It will be more like "whide condenced"

How about multiple text objects, each moved horizontally by a small amount?

Post a reply to this message

From: Leef me
Date: 7 Dec 2007 20:10:00
Message: <web.4759ee2917d569dd2a7b15450@news.povray.org>
> Alain escribió:
> > Bold is harder to do. The characters remain about the same size, but the
> > lines are thicker. A way would be to scale up horizontaly and reduce the
> > spacing between the characters. It will be more like "whide condenced"

That is what Tim Attwood's example code does.

> How about multiple text objects, each moved horizontally by a small amount?

But then you get into the how many is enough?

There was an old joke asking "how many electricians does it require to change a
lightbulb?" The joke was recycled into many different scenarios and
trades-people.

The real answer would seem to be a question: "how many are you willing to pay
for?"

p.s. I apologize to the many electricians and trades-people who have endured
this joke over the years.

Leef_me

Post a reply to this message