POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' : Re: Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics' Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wanted: dealing with font style 'bold' and 'italics'
From: Leef me
Date: 8 Dec 2007 18:10:01
Message: <web.475b240017d569dd892adb1d0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Jellby <me### [at] privacynet> wrote:
> > But it's usually obvious for some letters, such as "a" and "f". Italic fonts
> > have a certain hand-written look.
>
>   Depending on the font there can indeed be visible differences between
> slanted and cursive versions of the same font, especially when put side
> by side. While computers will often emulate a cursive font by slanting
> it (when there's no cursive version of the font available), a cursive
> version of a given font should technically be its own separate font with
> its own design (which is not just a slanted version of the original font).
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

When I said thanks to Tim for his example, I expected to thread to die.
I'm glad that wasn't the case this time. I'm still learning things from the rest
of the thread.   Unfortunately, for expediancy, I am planning to use
my fall-back plan of an image of the text.

Leef_me

Lt. Cmdr. Data [polite tone] Could you please continue your petty bickering? I
find it intriguing.