POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition #5 - bring it on! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Short code competition #5 - bring it on! (Message 21 to 26 of 26)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on!
Date: 1 Dec 2007 06:00:10
Message: <47513eba$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike the Elder" wrote:
> Question: Can entrants ask for "+KC" (turn on cyclical animation)
> in the .ini file?

I too would be interested in this. Cyclic animations are always a nice way
to extend the viewability of a short animation with just 100 frames (= 3-4
seconds).

Also, it makes the timing of the frames more simple. For example, with +kc
on, the frames would fall on clock values 0, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, 0.04 etc.
With +kc off, they would fall on 0, 0.0101010101, 0.0202020202,
0.0303030303, 0.0404040404 etc. It makes it more difficult, if you want some
specific event to happen right in one frame and not between two frames.

Rune
--
http://runevision.com

Post a reply to this message