POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition #5 - bring it on! : Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on!
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 5 Dec 2007 09:00:02
Message: <web.4756ad7e5e68ae5ae2b2e7080@news.povray.org>
"Paul Bourke" <pau### [at] uwaeduau> wrote:
> > Question: Can entrants ask for "+KC" (turn on cyclical animation) in the .ini
file?

> The main problem I have with it relates to how many other ini flags I might be
> asked to support if I add this one (even though it might seem like a perfectly
> sensible one for an animation competition)...

> I'm inclined not to allow custom ini files (sorry)...

Thank you for taking the time to consider and reply to my request.  I can see
your point about wanting to head off a proliferation of special requests from
the start.  It turns out, in my case, (now that I've changed my mind about what
I'm going to do YET again) that all I need to do is replace "360" with "356.4"
at a measly cost of two characters. (For anyone working with radians, "6.22" in
place of "pi*2" is accurate to four places.) I wish Rune good fortune in finding
a concise solution to the problem of targeting a specific event to a specific
frame.

Best Regards,
-Mike C.