POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short code competition #5 - bring it on! : Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Short code competition #5 - bring it on!
From: Rune
Date: 7 Dec 2007 06:44:33
Message: <47593221$1@news.povray.org>
"Alain" wrote:
> The .ini file can be changed to always include +kc.
> It make cyclical animations easier, and don't cause much change for
> non-cyclical ones.
> Just a suggestion.

That was my thought too. That one frame in the end rarely makes an important
difference in non-cyclic animations, but it does indeed in cyclic ones.

In fact, the way frames are distributed in POV-Ray in non-cyclic animations
is odd at best. If you want your animation to last exactly one second with
30 frames per second, and you set +kff30, then each frame will in fact cover
1/29 second rather than 1/30.

I don't even know if I'll enter the competition though, so my arguments
perhaps shouldn't weight so much. It's just that I have an opinion about the
frame distributions that is based on my experience with animations. :)

Rune
--
http://runevision.com