POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Image pricing Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Image pricing (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Slime
Subject: Image pricing
Date: 29 Aug 2007 00:57:14
Message: <46d4fcaa$1@news.povray.org>
Someone from Italy claims to be opening a "bowling club" and has asked to
buy the image http://www.slimeland.com/images/pictures/SpaceBowling.jpg for
one of their walls. I and the other guy who made it have no problem with
this, but we have no idea what price to ask, and no experience to even get a
ballpark figure.

What sort of price is reasonable for this sort of thing? Should it change if
we have to go to the trouble of doing a high resolution render for him (and
how much)?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

I assume he is the one who is going to get it printed etc... In which case
I'd suggest something reasonable (say 50 euro)...

If you make it too expensive he'll goelsewhere, but if you are clever you
might wangle a commissio from him for more artwork.

Rarius

"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
> Someone from Italy claims to be opening a "bowling club" and has asked to
> buy the image http://www.slimeland.com/images/pictures/SpaceBowling.jpg
> for
> one of their walls. I and the other guy who made it have no problem with
> this, but we have no idea what price to ask, and no experience to even get
> ballpark figure.
>
> What sort of price is reasonable for this sort of thing? Should it change
> if
> we have to go to the trouble of doing a high resolution render for him
> (and
> how much)?
>
> Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
>
> - Slime
> [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Post a reply to this message

"Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote:
> I assume he is the one who is going to get it printed etc... In which case
> I'd suggest something reasonable (say 50 euro)...
>
> If you make it too expensive he'll goelsewhere, but if you are clever you
> might wangle a commissio from him for more artwork.
>
> Rarius

it. I would sell the right to use it for say Euro 500 or get it printed
professionally yourself and add a markup of 100%

Stephen

Post a reply to this message