POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  How about a contest....... (Message 21 to 30 of 53)
From: St
Subject: Re: How about a contest.......
Date: 19 Mar 2007 13:23:57
Message: <45fed53d$1@news.povray.org>
"swampie" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.45fea24e3a09fa7dfcae424a0@news.povray.org...

> Can there be a contest to promote POV to a more robust, more all
> encompassing language that will cause it to last through the graphics
> producing ages by forcing the contest to use POV, just POV, and only POV?

     'No' is the answer.

    ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 19 Mar 2007 14:59:43
Message: <45feebaf@news.povray.org>
Meothuru <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> >   Unix/Linux people don't need nor want a builtin editor

> Completly wrong....
> I'm far away to be a SDL-handcoding-taliban.
> I love the comfort of the KPOV-modeler.

  "Builtin editor" = "builtin text editor", as in the Windows version.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Rarius
Date: 20 Mar 2007 05:42:00
Message: <45ffba78$1@news.povray.org>
My name's Rarius and I'm a hand coder.

I don't denigrate anyone who uses a modeller, Poser or any other tool. It is
just that POV SDL suits the way my mind works and I find I can do some
bloody intricate and powerful things in it.  Many years ago I downloaded a
Lightwave model of a B5 Shadow ship... all 12Mb of it as a triangle mesh! I
did the same as a SDL Blob in under 10kb! SDL is better for some things,
Modellers are better for others... The Best is when the two are used
together in the right way.

I agree that there could be a SDL/Hand coded competition... but at the same
time there could be a modeller only competition.  Might be interesting to
compare the two!

Rarius

Post a reply to this message