POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: Rarius
Date: 20 Mar 2007 05:42:00
Message: <45ffba78$1@news.povray.org>
My name's Rarius and I'm a hand coder.

I don't denigrate anyone who uses a modeller, Poser or any other tool. It is
just that POV SDL suits the way my mind works and I find I can do some
bloody intricate and powerful things in it.  Many years ago I downloaded a
Lightwave model of a B5 Shadow ship... all 12Mb of it as a triangle mesh! I
did the same as a SDL Blob in under 10kb! SDL is better for some things,
Modellers are better for others... The Best is when the two are used
together in the right way.

I agree that there could be a SDL/Hand coded competition... but at the same
time there could be a modeller only competition.  Might be interesting to
compare the two!

Rarius