POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Post Scene Command shell out won't work in windows Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:34:57 EDT (-0400)
  Post Scene Command shell out won't work in windows (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: roger
Subject: Post Scene Command shell out won't work in windows
Date: 12 Mar 2007 11:45:02
Message: <web.45f5826d5c0f32344af8c2570@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I'm trying to do some manipulation on the result of the pov-ray rendered
image.
I fill the Povray.ini file in the render folder with the line:
Post_Scene_Command=c:RogerrenameFile.bat
After the image rendering has finished I get in the povray main window two
lines saying:
POV-RAY is creating another process
POV-RAY is creating another process
and then Pov-Ray stops without starting the bat file. I've already try to
change the call in the ini file to:
Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
without any success.
I'm working in a Windows XP SP2 machine.
Does anyone have a idea how to fix this problem ??
Thanks
roger

Post a reply to this message

>I'm trying to do some manipulation on the result of the pov-ray rendered
>image.
>I fill the Povray.ini file in the render folder with the line:
>Post_Scene_Command=c:RogerrenameFile.bat
>After the image rendering has finished I get in the povray main window two
>lines saying:
>POV-RAY is creating another process
>POV-RAY is creating another process
>and then Pov-Ray stops without starting the bat file. I've already try to
>change the call in the ini file to:
>Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
>Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
>without any success.
>I'm working in a Windows XP SP2 machine.
>Does anyone have a idea how to fix this problem ??
>Thanks
>roger

This has given me trouble in the past look for the thread
Post_Frame_Command Troubles
dated
in povray.general

I seem to remember that I could not solve my original problem and had to use the
pre scene command which worked.

Regards
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Grassblade
Date: 12 Mar 2007 15:35:01
Message: <web.45f5b94591a0c41cca4075b80@news.povray.org>
"roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I've already try to
> change the call in the ini file to:
> Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
> Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
> without any success.

I don't know anything about that command, but aren't you missing a backslash
in the address to the bat file? i.e. c:RogerrenameFile.bat

Post a reply to this message

From: Grassblade
Date: 12 Mar 2007 15:50:02
Message: <web.45f5bbeb91a0c41cca4075b80@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:40:13 EST, "roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This has given me trouble in the past look for the thread
> Post_Frame_Command Troubles
> dated
> in povray.general
>
> I seem to remember that I could not solve my original problem and had to use the
> pre scene command which worked.
>
> Regards
>  Stephen

Hmm, "Your search - Post_Frame_Command Troubles - did not match any
documents." :-(
But I found it the old fashioned way:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cijthj0tohdj1ldlqus8gilon0kkamhd2t7%404ax.com%3E/?ttop=239800&toff=1300&
mtop=199954

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 12 Mar 2007 18:11:40
Message: <45f5de2c$1@news.povray.org>
Grassblade nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12-03-2007 16:34:
> "roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I've already try to
>> change the call in the ini file to:
>> Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
>> Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
>> without any success.

> I don't know anything about that command, but aren't you missing a backslash
> in the address to the bat file? i.e. c:RogerrenameFile.bat

The web forum have a tendency to drop the backslash "\".

--
Alain
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

An Hourglass is Female, because over time, the weight shifts to the bottom.

Post a reply to this message

From: Leroy
Date: 12 Mar 2007 22:26:38
Message: <45F627CB.6030304@joplin.com>
roger wrote:
> After the image rendering has finished I get in the povray main window two
> lines saying:
> POV-RAY is creating another process
> POV-RAY is creating another process
> and then Pov-Ray stops without starting the bat file. I've already try to
> change the call in the ini file to:
> Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
> Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
> without any success.
> I'm working in a Windows XP SP2 machine.

What version of POV do you use?
I had win98 with POV3.6
And had the same problem, never did get it right.
I tried every combination in the Post_Scene_Command statement
that I could think of. Tried moving my taget file into the same
directory as POV'exe.
  As last resort I even posted here. But no one seem to want to tackle
this problem.
Good Luck!
Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message

From: roger
Date: 13 Mar 2007 06:25:02
Message: <web.45f6896091a0c41c8790798d0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:40:13 EST, "roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I'm trying to do some manipulation on the result of the pov-ray rendered
> >image.
> >I fill the Povray.ini file in the render folder with the line:
> >Post_Scene_Command=c:RogerrenameFile.bat
> >After the image rendering has finished I get in the povray main window two
> >lines saying:
> >POV-RAY is creating another process
> >POV-RAY is creating another process
> >and then Pov-Ray stops without starting the bat file. I've already try to
> >change the call in the ini file to:
> >Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
> >Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
> >without any success.
> >I'm working in a Windows XP SP2 machine.
> >Does anyone have a idea how to fix this problem ??
> >Thanks
> >roger
> >

> This has given me trouble in the past look for the thread
> Post_Frame_Command Troubles
> dated
> in povray.general
>
> I seem to remember that I could not solve my original problem and had to use the
> pre scene command which worked.
>
> Regards
>  Stephen
I've looked at all the posts related with this issue and I see no solution
for it. Should I open a bug report? Does anyone know how to do it?

Post a reply to this message

From: roger
Date: 13 Mar 2007 06:30:01
Message: <web.45f68ac491a0c41c8790798d0@news.povray.org>
Leroy <lrw### [at] joplincom> wrote:
> roger wrote:
> > After the image rendering has finished I get in the povray main window two
> > lines saying:
> > POV-RAY is creating another process
> > POV-RAY is creating another process
> > and then Pov-Ray stops without starting the bat file. I've already try to
> > change the call in the ini file to:
> > Post_Scene_Command="c:RogerrenameFile.bat"
> > Post_Scene_Command=command /C c:RogerrenameFile.bat
> > without any success.
> > I'm working in a Windows XP SP2 machine.
>
> What version of POV do you use?
> I had win98 with POV3.6
> And had the same problem, never did get it right.
> I tried every combination in the Post_Scene_Command statement
> that I could think of. Tried moving my taget file into the same
> directory as POV'exe.
>   As last resort I even posted here. But no one seem to want to tackle
> this problem.
> Good Luck!
> Have Fun!
I'm using Pov 3.6. With Pov 3.5 it worked fine.
I've tried all the options I remember, without any success.
The most strange thing about it is that in the Pov console i get the two
messages:
POV-RAY is creating another process.
Strange thing ..... :-S
Roger

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 13 Mar 2007 06:40:01
Message: <web.45f68d0491a0c41cf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> > I seem to remember that I could not solve my original problem and had to use the
> > pre scene command which worked.
> >
> > Regards
> >  Stephen
> I've looked at all the posts related with this issue and I see no solution
> for it. Should I open a bug report? Does anyone know how to do it?

I think it would be a good idea to report it but first check the FAQ.
http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions/thread/%3Cfpupiu02i1198jbb38i3o06hv6is1a3uar%404ax.co
m%3E/

There is a group for reporting bugs and instructions in the help file. Sorry

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: roger
Date: 13 Mar 2007 16:15:01
Message: <web.45f7134691a0c41ceee1bc430@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:
> "roger" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Stephen <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> wrote:
> > > I seem to remember that I could not solve my original problem and had to use the
> > > pre scene command which worked.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >  Stephen
> > I've looked at all the posts related with this issue and I see no solution
> > for it. Should I open a bug report? Does anyone know how to do it?
>
> I think it would be a good idea to report it but first check the FAQ.

http://news.povray.org/povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions/thread/%3Cfpupiu02i1198jbb38i3o06hv6is1a3uar%404ax.
co
> m%3E/
>
> There is a group for reporting bugs and instructions in the help file. Sorry

> Stephen
Thank you very much for your help. I'll open the bug report, after all it's
my problem .... :-)
Roger