POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Human Figures? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Human Figures? (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Smws
Subject: Re: Human Figures?
Date: 14 Jan 2007 04:10:00
Message: <web.45a9f235abc6b29ebd0cea630@news.povray.org>
"FrogRay" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
(...)
> > Daz says somewhere that the figures for Daz Studio (Michael, Victoria) are
> > scanned from real life models.
> >
> > Thomas
>
> That would explain a lot!
> My next question was going to be - how did they actually create the models?
> For me, I think it's back to mesh modelling.
> I will give PovPerson and MakeHuman a try though

I've been mesh modelling humans too, in Wings3d. Your post inspired me to
post about my progress in p.b.images. I have found fiddling with the mesh
quite enjoyable! I think rigging it for different poses will be a
challenge, though. If you do go the mesh route I'd be curious to know how
you do that.

Good luck!

-Stefan

Post a reply to this message