POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : SCC$ results announcement Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  SCC$ results announcement (Message 10 to 19 of 19)
From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: SCC$ results announcement
Date: 15 Dec 2006 11:55:04
Message: <elujr4$cc5$1@chho.imagico.de>
Olaf Doschke wrote:

> By the way I liked it too. I even rendered it, which
> I didn't managa for all entries. But as a result it only
> gave me a thin yellowish line at the edge of the groove.
>
> Does this have some version or OS dependency?
> Im using POV-Ray 3.6 for Windows.

Interesting - if you replace the sqrt(...) in the isosurface with
sqrt(max(0,...)) it should work reliably with all versions (but is slow
as hell for some reason).

The argument of sqrt() gets negative in some areas of the isosurface and
this is handled differently on various platforms.

BTW the above change fits within the 256 chars so this should be a
non-issue. ;-)

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 15 Oct. 2006)

> Interesting - if you replace the sqrt(...) in the isosurface with
> sqrt(max(0,...)) it should work reliably with all versions (but is slow as
> hell for some reason).

I'll test that later.

Then it must be <0 allmost all the time,
as all I get is that line at the edge,
the rest is black. (groove and sky!).

Bye, Olaf.

Post a reply to this message