POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Short Code Competition judging Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Short Code Competition judging (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Olaf Doschke
Subject: Re: Short Code Competition judging
Date: 1 Dec 2006 16:38:38
Message: <4570a0de@news.povray.org>
> When will the entries be available for viewing?
to the entrants now.

Bye, Olaf.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 1 Dec 2006 17:01:33
Message: <4570a63d@news.povray.org>
Btw, each entrant voting for the three best images, and each such
images getting one point each, might make it likely that two or more
images will get the same amount of votes. If this happens with the top
images, it will cause difficulty in deciding their relative position.

  How about entrants giving 3 (or perhaps more, like 5) votes in order
of preference? The first image would get 3 points, the second 2 points
and the third 1 point. Or if we don't want such a big difference between
them, perhaps something like the first image gets 5 points, the second 4
points and the third 3 points (which evens out their weight a bit).

  This will lessen the likelihood of two top images getting the exact
amount of points, and it will give a chance for the voters to give more
points to their preferred entry than to the second and third best.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message