POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to display text in UNIX (Linux)? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:28:18 EDT (-0400)
  How to display text in UNIX (Linux)? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Marvin
Subject: How to display text in UNIX (Linux)?
Date: 3 Nov 2006 04:15:01
Message: <web.454b07b17a3ca2b5bb7e57280@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I've tried my best, and I was searching through docs, but it is only
explained for Windows.

1. How to display text in UNIX (Linux)?
   1a. Which naming convention is required for fonts?
   1b. How to use non-ttf fonts and is it possible at all?
2. How to display text on Mac OS X?
3. How to make text display universal, despite the fact that fonts have
different locations and aliases on various systems?

Many thanks in forward,
Marvin

Post a reply to this message

> I've tried my best, and I was searching through docs, but it is only
> explained for Windows.
>
> 1. How to display text in UNIX (Linux)?
>    1a. Which naming convention is required for fonts?
>    1b. How to use non-ttf fonts and is it possible at all?
> 2. How to display text on Mac OS X?
> 3. How to make text display universal, despite the fact that fonts have
> different locations and aliases on various systems?
>
> Many thanks in forward,
> Marvin

Displaying the text in a textshell, a Windowmanager(fvwm, Blackbox,
Afterstep etc.) or in a Desktop (KDE, Gnome) ?

By a programm(in wich programming language?) or a script(Shellscript
or script languages like Perl, Python etc.) ?

Post a reply to this message