POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My hat is off to all of you! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:29 EDT (-0400)
  My hat is off to all of you! (Message 14 to 23 of 43)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: My hat is off to all of you!
Date: 30 Oct 2006 10:03:05
Message: <45461429$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Dan! Great to see you here;)

Dan Farmer wrote:
> I also must blushingly admit that I have felt much pride in noticing many
> of my now humble old scene files still proudly available as samples.

Speaking of which, did you get my email from last month about this?

  http://www.spec.org/cpu2006/Docs/credits.html

your classic chess2.pov scene has legs still ;)

> of these days.  I wrote a suite of programs that rendered an image in
> slices on a network of 5 x286's and then pasted the slices together.  It

your post has excellent timing too, I am about to release a build today that
has experimental real-time raytracing support, this is a first for us (apart
from the easter egg). you may want to check out my post on the subject later
on today.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message