POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 09:34:19 EDT (-0400)
  Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Arnero
Subject: Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now?
Date: 24 Oct 2006 16:15:00
Message: <web.453e7358c633d40d52eeaae0@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody,

from time to time I use povray, but did not bother to ask, but now:

Is it possible to include materials with gain = laser medium = absorption
> 1 ?

Is it possible to use photon mapping to simulate optical pumping of the
gain medium

Is there any tool to render the raytraced image onto a polygonal
representation of the scene (unlit texture maps) for simple fly-throughs
and scene debugging?

Is it possible to use a fine representation of the spectrum for better
simulation of chromatic errors in lenses, or for simulation of a
spectrometer

Is it possible to use a wide spectrum with near infrared for simulation of
heat transfere in big glas blocks of telescopes primary mirros and UV for
simulation of
fluorescence

Is it possible to use PovRay as a design tool for lens systems (or Beamer
optics) and if not why not?

Have you integrated FreeSnell to simulate multilayer optics?

Arne Rosenfeldt

Post a reply to this message