POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now? : Re: Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature I missed in old versions. Implemented now?
From: Arnero
Date: 25 Oct 2006 23:25:01
Message: <web.454028fbc1cccb6899f929260@news.povray.org>
>You could try to give the object (which the photons are passing through)
>a color higher than 1, but I have never tested whether that works in
>practice.
That gave an error at parsing.

> Ok if you want a continuous spectrum.
The dispersion feature looks good, I will have to try it with a series of
two prisms.

> The real problem is that you can't simulate birefringense.
Birefringence is hard to code at the beginning but easy to inlude into a
raytracer, why is it not implemented?

> >   Some kind of frensell reflection is supported in POV-Ray, but once again
It does not support soap-bubbles or AR-coated eyeglasses.

I do not want to learn two programs if I think a single raytracer will give
me nice pictures for presentations and correct simulations of my optics. Or
am I the only one, who "builds" (simple) optical devices and knows PovRay?