POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povray 3.6 make error Server Time
2 Aug 2024 18:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Tim F
Subject: Re: povray 3.6 make error
Date: 21 Jul 2004 16:55:00
Message: <web.40fed6aea404e2e24e6ed3100@news.povray.org>
But then you've missed the thrust of my argument - users that realize the
need to upgrade their libraries and rebuild povray won't have the same
problems as those that link against the libraries included with 3.6.
Therefore, users of the (now old) libraries will start submitting bug
reports - which goes back to your originally stated problem.

Again, its nit picking, but IMHO worth consideration.

Regards,
Tim

Post a reply to this message

> But then you've missed the thrust of my argument - users that realize the
> need to upgrade their libraries and rebuild povray won't have the same
> problems as those that link against the libraries included with 3.6.
> Therefore, users of the (now old) libraries will start submitting bug
> reports - which goes back to your originally stated problem.
>
> Again, its nit picking, but IMHO worth consideration.

No, that argument is nonsensical.  The decision stands, and no matter how
much you or anybody else complain about it, it will *****not***** change.
If you or anybody else does not like that - we absolutely do not care.
Period!

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg